CAIS and Living Room Cardiff have established an effective service for people with gambling problems, which is available to people throughout Wales.
Since problems with alcohol and gambling sometimes go together, CAIS and The Living Room Cardiff are working with Alcohol Concern to develop this service and ensure it’s based on the best international evidence.
More information about Beat The Odds can be found here.
Consider seeking help if you answer “yes” to any of the following questions…
• Do you, after gambling, feel guilt, shame, remorse and/or hopelessness?
• Do you find yourself powerless to stop gambling once you have started?
• Do you gamble or take risks when you are feeling low?
• Do you gamble longer than you planned to, or take bigger risks than you intended to?
• Do you, after losing, feel that you must soon return to win back losses?
• Do you, after a win, have a strong urge to return and win more?
• Do others (especially non-gamblers) say your gambling is out of control?
• Do you find yourself having sold property and/or borrowed to finance your gambling?
• Do you find that gambling is affecting your home and/or work life?
• Do you continue to gamble even though the consequences of previous gambling activities are unresolved: e.g. debts, family difficulties...?
Call today for a confidential chat and professional assessment if you feel you may have a problem with gambling on 029 2049 3895. The service is FREE.
Alternatively, you may prefer to ring Gamblers Anonymous on: 020 7384 3040
How gambling affects the family and why we want to offer on-going family support and aftercare:
‘The largest group of people who know about gambling addiction at first hand – partners, parents, children, and other affected family members – have been even more neglected than have problem gamblers themselves’ (Orford, 2011). That’s why Living Room Cardiff want to offer help and on-going support and aftercare to deal with the highly corrosive effects of gambling addiction on family health and the well-being of family members.
Phone: 02920 493 895